Monday, October 11, 2010

BARILLA PLUS PASTA

I bought the Farfalle pasta (the ones shaped like a bow). 
The ultimate test of pasta to me is to just prepare it with a little butter, salt and pepper so I can really taste the pasta and not judge it by the sauce. 
I thought it was more dense than a regular pasta.  Thicker and dryer tasting.  But I did not tell my family it was a multi grain pasta and not only did they not notice, they liked it.  I will probably use it again, especially in my favorite pasta recipes where the pasta would be in a delicious sauce. 
Here's how it compares to regular pasta:
              Barilla regular FARFALLE                                      Barilla PLUS FARFALLE
                
                 Protein: 7 g                                                               Protein:  17 g
                 Fat:  1 g                                                                    Fat:  3.5 g
                 Omega-3:  360mg                                                     No Omega-3
                 Fiber:  2 g                                                                 Fiber:  7 g

Additional Notes:
About $2.50 per box

No comments:

Post a Comment