Saturday, August 21, 2010

Coconut oil - it's not just for cooking

I got an email from a friend that told other uses for coconut oil. It said to use it as a deep conditioner, moisturizer, massage oil etc.
I tried it as a hair conditioner. I couldn't tell that it did anything. It was hard to rinse all the oil out and had to shampoo it again to get it all out. I won't use it for that purpose again.
As a body moisturizer, I did like it! Its oily at first of course, so I waited to get dressed and rubbed it in really well. I like the idea of a natural product going on my skin because I have heard that whatever you put on your skin, gets into your body too. I have dry skin but this kept my skin looking nice for 24 hours. It wasn't oily after a few minutes. I even used it on my face and it didn't seem to block my pores like it seems like it would. It smells amazing too?
I used virgin coconut oil from Whole Foods. The 365 brand was the cheapest so That is what I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment