Friday, August 20, 2010

No more spotty dishes!

I have to start my blog with a product that has made me happy for the last month! 

My family moved into a new house a few months ago and in the kitchen, there are the dishwasher drawers.  The owners manual said to use powder detergent in it...so as a rule obeyer, I got powder detergent.  Spots, spots and more spots.  I hated doing dishes because I had to rinse everything that I took out.  Sometimes I even handwashed everything to save a step!  It was very discouraging. 
About a month ago, I got a coupon from Ralphs grocery store for Finish automatic dishwasher dispenser.  I normally wouldn't have tried it because I would think it was a gimmick but I was desperate so during my next grocery store visit, I purchased the Finish automatic dishwasher dispenser.  It was about $10 without the coupon; fair price.  Hallelujah!!  The dishes looked brand new:  spot free and clear!  My glassware looked brand new,  I didn't even have to wipe the silverware.  Even the inside of my dishwasher looked sparkling clean! 
Just so you know how happy this made me, it was even my facebook post that day!

Additional Notes:
My original lasted a few weeks. It looks like it lasts 12 washes.  For about $10 I bought a refill (2 cartridges) that I just slid in. 
You have to watch the countdown on the dispenser, I opened my dishwasher up and the dishes were not so clean so I looked on the dispenser to find that it had run all the cycles. 
It's nice to not have to add detergent everytime you run the washer, not that I am that lazy but it is an added benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment